Monday, January 4, 2010

Changed- Day 1

Today is the first day of the BIC week of prayer and fasting. There are a couple things I decided to do this week, and blogging each day is one of them. The topic for today is Changed with the scripture Mark 5:21-34. It is the story of the woman that is healed by simply touching the end of His robe. She is healed from her suffering and Jesus acknowledges this. It is such a simply act of mercy, yet it ended her 12 years of suffering. That same act of mercy is extended to us each day.

It got me thinking about things I am suffering from. Honestly, I couldn't think of anything big right off the bat. I am in fairly good health, my friends and family are well, I have a roof over my head, and a job that allows me to love on others everyday. Nope, not so much suffering. But then I remembered what the title of the reading was- Changed. Change doesn't just have to come when we are suffering. Change should occur everyday; changing from the sinner we were yesterday to a person that is a little bit closer to the person that God created us to be. So what changes do I desire to see happen in my life? Changes that simply require me to touch the edge of His robe?

I desire to love people better. I know this one is pretty broad, but specifically love those that are hard to love- the students that drive me crazy, my parents that are sometimes difficult to love, the people I come in contact with that maybe are a little unloveable. Love is a choice and an action and something that should be distributed freely, as it is to me.

I want to love myself better. Take care of the things that need taken care of. Help de-stress my life instead of increase it. Spend time with my Creator to learn more deeply how much He loves me. Allow Him to love me more.

So I just looked at my devotional book for the week and I see the topic all week is Changed. Funny. Today, though, the theme is that Jesus healed, even without words needing to be spoken. These are the changes I have spoken, but I know Jesus sees even bigger changes that I have yet to see.

My prayer is that He changes those things in my life that I do not see. Heart issues I have not acknowledged. Oh that I might touch His robe and be healed.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

what is BIC?

Mandy said...

Love is a verb! you my friend are such a blessing to me. The "theme" of 2009 was to "love people better." The "theme" of 2008 was to "love not fix." I am beginning to realize that the them of my life needs to be to just simply be to love Jesus and to love His people. I am encouraged by you and I am thankful to call you friend!

Tara Marie said...

BIC= Brethren in Christ. It's the denomination of the church I attend.